Friday, June 18, 2010

Vancouver, British Columbia



















1. Latitude and Longitude: 89, 16’ 36”N 123, 07’ 15”
2. Population: 2.1 Million
3. Population Density: 18 308.63121’
4. Landforms: Mountains with some plains
5. Climate: ranges from -3 degrees Celsius in January and 18 degrees Celsius in July
6. Ecozone: Pacific Maritime Ecozone
7. Closest National Park: Gulf Island National Park
8. Industries: Fishing, mining and forestry.
9. Tourism: Ecotours, boating and fishing, adventure, and whale watching


1. http://vancouver.ca/aboutvan.htm

2. http://vancouver.ca/aboutvan.htm

3. Divide number of people in Vancouver by space in square km. http://vancouver.ca/aboutvan.htm

4. Textbook.

5. http://vancouver.ca/aboutvan.htm

6. Textbook.

7. http://www.parkscanada.ca/

8. www.vanvouver.ca

9. www.vancouver.ca

10. http://vancouver.ca/parks/parks/stanley/landmarks.htm http://www.tourismvancouver.com/visitors/vancouver/tools/maps
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhAAfKvcgqLvAVwSSbukjjgvvtFYf2AiQ9MZXMXPmCKwbDY0aAhOJ44Pb6YedqNp23N7jXkyTZG_Fg9jxHEIc5hRSguGzfqjyhKxntTESgtgyz4_XYEY7sVFIbJDt8DjjhwZTDbh0RhTQ4/s400/bike_beach.jpg http://farm1.static.flickr.com/124/341568240_c5ab33a6d8.jpg

http://standupforamerica.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/canada_flag_sunset.jpg

Today we arrived in Vancouver at 11:30; we all were really hungry so we went out for brunch. We went to the international house of pancakes. I ordered pancakes, which was very yummy. After eating we went to Jericho Beach. They have tennis courts there, so we played tennis for a little bit. I got smacked in the face with the tennis ball by, of course, Nik. Now i have a huge red bump on y head! But it was really fun playing tennis. We also swam for a little bit. The beach was actually very nice. I got a pretty good picture of it.

Jericho Beach.

We only stayed at the beach until 5:00pm. We decided to go for an early dinner then continue exploring the city. The place we chose to eat dinner was the V restraint Yaletown. My brother wanted to order the pound of wings to share with my mom and I. We got 2 orders of that and by mistake Nik ordered the hot ones, so I had about 4 glasses of water too. But actually knowing Nik, ordering hot chicken wings probably wasn’t a mistake. Then after eating dinner, went on a sky ride. A sky ride is a big cart that is pulled up by a cord and it has scenic views of the mountains. The cart goes on for about a mile. I’m not too sure about how high you are up in the sky but all I know is that it gets kind of scary near the mountains.

Vancouver Grouse Mountain Sky Ride. Isn’t it breathtaking?

After going on the sky ride at Grouse Mountain, it was time to go Zip lining! I was so excited to go zip lining because I have wanted to do that my whole life. The mountain zip lines were huge! My brother and i went first and then my mom followed behind us. Going zip lining was absolutely amazing! It was a really good adrenaline rush. I felt like I was going to fall off the line the whole time, and of course I ended up being fine. After Zip lining it was time to head back to the hotel. The hotel we are staying at is the Shangri la Hotel. It is 15 floors or 61 storeys high. And we were on the 14th floor! Plus we had a balcony too, so the view was great. But it’s already getting late and I think I should get some rest because tomorrow is our last day on the Roadtrip. But, I have to say... I am having fun. But don’t tell Nik that! Well I will post day 2 on Vancouver tomorrow, C ya Bloggers.

Today is Day two in Vancouver. I woke up at 9:00am this morning and was doing some research on good parks in Vancouver, and I found one called Stanley Park. My mom said it would be okay to go to this park because it was pretty close to the hotel. When we arrived at the park, we decided to go on a horse-drawn carriage ride. I thought that if we take the carriage ride first we will be able to know where we are going when we look around. The horse-drawn carriage brought us to a historic site. The site was a monument called ‘the Chehalis Monument’. The plaque on it said that the monument marks lost lives when two ships collided nearby.

Chehalis Monument

The horse-drawn carriage ride also took us to Deadmans Island, Vancouver Harbour, Lions Gate Bridge, Coastal Red Cedar Forest, Totem Poles, S.S. empress of Japan figurehead and the rose garden. After the carriage ride we went swimming in the pool for a few hours. Everyone was starving by the time we finished swimming so we went to the Tea House at the park. I had waffles with fruit and vanilla cream. After eating breakfast, we went to donate money to preserve the parks. I really wanted to donate money because it would help preserve the parks for the environment and for future generations. But after donating money, we went to a dolphin show at the Vancouver Aquarium. The show was at 3:30pm and we were late so we only got to see the end of it.

<- Skills.





The show ended at 5:30 and we had to go eat dinner. Nik chose to go to Vera’s Burger Shack. So I had a burger for dinner. I was extremely tired by the time we finished dinner. We went back to our hotel to pack up all our stuff and head home. But I actually had fun on My So Called 'Fun' RoadtripAcross Canada Family Vacation. And even though my family doesn’t always get along, it was fun taking time away from our everyday lives to explore what Canada has to offer. So, on that note, I can honestly say that I’m proud to be Canadian.


No comments:

Post a Comment